Fuji still showing support for a discontinued camera..
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 form ver.1.30 incorporates the following issues:
- 1.Improvement of AF speed
Approximately 20% faster AF speed is achieved in various conditions such as bright scenes, dark scenes and changed focus distance compared to the previous firmware version.
- 2.Improvement of close-up focus performance
The focus distance from the lens surface without switching to macro mode is approximately 30% shorter compared to previous firmware version.
- 3.”Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing is added.
The function, which features on FUJIFILM X100S and X20, is added and assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
* With this update, “Focus Peak Highlight” function is selected as a default setting. Pressing the center of the command dial for a while enables you to switch the setting of “Focus Peak Highlight” and “STANDARD” (off of “Focus Peak Highlight”). And “MF ASSIST” is added in SHOOTING MENU where you can select “HIGH” and “LOW” in “Focus Peak Highlight” and “STANDARD”.
- 4.Improved manual focus operation
This makes it easier to capture the peak of the focus by displaying the image with shallow depth of field, using open aperture, when adjusting the focus with the electronic view finder or the LCD.
- 5.Faster start-up time
The camera start-up time is shortened by approximately 0.2 second with QUICK START mode OFF.
- 6.Improved operability of selecting focus area
Previously, the focus area was selected while holding the AF button on the back. With the upgraded firmware, pressing the AF button will switch to the focus area selection screen and the area of your choice can then be selected.
- 7.The phenomenon is fixed that a camera will automatically turn off during “Bulb (B)” shooting with the “CONTINUOUS” setting in “IMAGE DISP.”
The firmware update Ver.1.30 from ver1.21 incorporates the following issues:
- For operation of newly added functions, which are described as following item 1, please download PDF data issued as “X100 New Feature Guide”.
- 1.New function for the WIDE CONVERSION LENS WCL-X100 is added to the shooting menu. The function for the WCL-X100 can also be allocated to “Fn/RAW” button.
- 2.Hold the “AE/AF LOCK” when changing to OVF after one of 25 focus points(inner portion of 49 focus points) is selected in EVF or LCD.
- <Notice> “AE/AF LOCK” will be canceled when changing to OVF after one of 25 focus points (outer portion of 49 focus points) is selected in EVF or LCD. In this case, you need to use EVF or LCD to hold the “AE/AF LOCK”.
- 3.Change of “MIN. SHUTTER SPEED” setting in “ISO AUTO CONTROL” of the shooting menu will be reflected without OFF/ON operation.
- Get The Firmware Here